Clean drinking water is essential to public health, which is why the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District continues to work on maintaining and improving water distribution and sewer systems in our communities.
The Utilities and Environmental Services Department is responsible for water sampling in the SLRD, but water quality testing is administered by Vancouver Coastal Health or Interior Health authorities. If a sample is deemed to be dangerous, the SLRD will hand-deliver boil water advisories to residents as well as publishing notices in public places and on the SLRD website.
- Drinking water reports and boil water advisories for Electoral Areas C and D as well as for Pemberton, Whistler and Squamish are available on the Vancouver Coastal Health website.
- Drinking water reports and boil water advisories for Electoral Areas A and B and the District of Lillooet are available on the Interior Health website (found under Thompson Cariboo Shuswap region)
- Gun Lake Septic Study
- Minimizing Exposure to Lead from Drinking Water Distribution Systems, Health Canada
- pH of Drinking Water, Health Canada
- Vancouver Coastal Health advice re Protecting yourself from Lead in Drinking Water
- Vancouver Coastal Health advice re Lead in Drinking Water at Child Day Care facilities
- Vancouver Coastal Health advice re Lead in Drinking Water at schools - recommendations of the Medical Health Officer to School Districts
- Testing Your Well Water, VCH Information sheet