Get involved by pitching in! Take part in the largest environmental improvement campaign in Canada and join other hard-working volunteers across the nation who care about improving their communities.
The SLRD encourages residents (within your household groups) to take part in this year's Pitch-In Week from April 18 - 24 . Clean up, restore and beautify the environment by cleaning up litter and other garbage from our communities. And remember the COVID rules: participate with your household only; do not gather; keep your distance and wear a mask.
Did you know?
PITCH-IN Week began in 1967 with a handful of concerned citizens picking up harmful debris along the shore of Vancouver Island. In 2019 over 850,000 people committed to participating in their local neighborhoods from St. John’s, Newfoundland to Port Alice, British Columbia, and collectively removed over 5.65 million pounds of litter!
How to participate
Register your household, street or neighbourhood group online at https://pitch-in.ca/ and Pitch-In Canada will ship your bags to you!
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please follow the Provincial Health Orders and remember to:
- Stay with your household group.
- Keep your distance.
- Wear a mask.
- Avoid congregating; schedule your family's clean up efforts so they don’t conflict with others.
- Wear gloves and dispose of them responsibly.
How it works
- Tipping fees will be waived for participants with official Pitch-In bags.
- Sort and rinse bottles, cans and other recyclables (i.e. packaging).
- Electronics should be returned to your local depot: https://www.recyclemyelectronics.ca/bc/what-can-i-recycle/
- For more information on what goes where at your local facility, visit our website https://www.slrd.bc.ca/services/recycling-composting-waste-landfill/faci...