Get involved by pitching in! Take part in the largest environmental improvement campaign in Canada and join other hard-working volunteers across the nation who care about improving their communities.
2023 will once again see the SLRD staff collaborating with member municipalities (District of Squamish, Resort Municipality of Whistler, Village of Pemberton and District of Lillooet) for a 20 minutes Clean-Up Blitz. Stay tuned to see how much litter we collect as a region!
The SLRD encourages residents to take part in this year's Pitch-In Canada Week from April 17 to 23, 2023. Clean up, restore and beautify the environment by cleaning up litter and other garbage from our communities.
Did you know?
PITCH-IN Week began in 1967 with a handful of concerned citizens picking up harmful debris along the shores of Vancouver Island. In 2019 over 850,000 people committed to participating in their local neighbourhoods from St. John’s, Newfoundland to Port Alice, British Columbia, and collectively removed over 5.65 million pounds of litter!
How to participate
Create your own event or participate in an event already planned by your community at https://pitch-in.ca/ and Pitch-In Canada will ship your bags to you!
For your safety we suggest you wear gloves and dispose of them responsibly.
How it works
- Tipping fees will be waived for participants with official Pitch-In bags.
- Sort and rinse bottles, cans and other recyclables (i.e. packaging).
- Rinsed Deposit Beverage Containers can be returned at your local Return-It depot or Bottle Depot: Return-It.ca | Encorp Pacific (Canada)
- Electronics should be returned to your local depot: Electronic Products Recycling Association | Encorp Pacific (Canada) (return-it.ca)
- For more information on what goes where at your local facility, visit our website www.slrd.bc.ca/lovethisplace