News & Notices
There are no news items posted for this service.
Special events are a way for the community to come together and celebrate. Special events include weddings, sporting competitions and races, concerts and festivals, cultural celebrations, parades, and even memorial services.
There are four classes of Special Event Permits:
- Farmland - Events in the ALR with up to 150 attendees
- Class I - Events with 200 - 499 attendees
- Class II - Events with 500 - 999 attendees
- Class III - Events with 1,000 or more attendees
Please note, that a Class I, Class II, and Class III Special Event Permit is not meant to serve as de-facto commercial zoning. In addition to a Special Event Permit, appropriate zoning or a temporary use permit is required for a property owner to host commercial (for-profit) special events. Therefore, if a property is not zoned to allow for Commercial Public Assembly Uses or Events, a Temporary Use Permit or a Rezoning is required.
Private family weddings, family reunions, etc., which are hosted on family property, are not considered to be commercial events, however, such special events having 200 people or more will require a Special Event Permit.
Farmland Special Events are subject to a number of conditions described in this guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Relevant SLRD Bylaws & Policies
- Special Events Bylaw No. 1247-2012
- Electoral Area D Noise Bylaw No. 1234 - 2011
- Electoral Area B Noise Regulation Bylaw No. 1496-2016
- Electoral Area C Noise Regulation Bylaw No. 1438-2015
- Bylaw Enforcement Policy
Projects / Initiatives
There are currently no projects/initiatives posted for this service.
Permits / Applications
There are currently no active permits or applications posted for this service.