The SLRD requires all residents of local Water Systems to exercise good water conservation practices.
Water Restrictions are an effective way of ensuring everyone has enough treated drinking water during dry summer months. With population growth and climate change, there is increasing pressure on our water supplies.
There currenlty are no water restrictions.
Water systems are listed from South to North.
Britannia Beach & Furry Creek Water Systems
Pinecrest Water System
Pemberton North Water System
For more information visit: Sprinkling and Watering Restrictions: Village of Pemberton
Devine Water System
D'Arcy Water System
Bralorne Water System
Gold Bridge Water System
What can you do to be more water wise?
Ways to conserve water outdoors:
- Respect lawn sprinkling regulations. Use a spring-loaded nozzle to wash your car or water flowers so that water is not wasted when you are not using the hose.
- Install a timer on your sprinkler.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean driveways and sidewalks.
- Check your garden hose and taps for leaks. Over time, rubber components wear and need replacing.
- Leaks can also happen outside your home, walk around your property to see if there is any water bubbling up to the surface, if so contact your local water warden.
Ways to conserve water indoors:
- Keep a supply of drinking water in the refrigerator rather than running the tap until the water turns cold.
- Use your dishwasher and washing machine only when there are full loads.
- Turn water off while brushing your teeth.
- Install water saving shower heads and faucets.
- Check for and repair leaks regularly.
- Scrape, rather than rinse food off dishes.
- Rinse fruit and vegetables in a bowl of water, rather than under running water. Use the water for watering plants when finished.
- Check for and repair leaks regularly. Areas to check for leaks:
- All faucets - kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, outdoor, etc. Over time, rubber components wear and need replacing.
- Toilets - A toilet should not be filling continuously. Overtime the rubber stopper wears and needs replacing as they no longer stop the water from escaping the upper chamber.
- Showerheads - These devices also contain rubber gaskets and other components that may wear over time and need replacing.
- Tackle this maintenance yourself with the help of DIY videos and repair guides Fix a Leak Week | US EPA, Repairing faucets (calgary.ca), or hire a professional to take care of the work.
If you have any questions, please contact the SLRD Environmental Services Department
at 604 894-6371 or email email@example.com
Thank you for your cooperation!