Pemberton Valley Utilities & Services (PVUS)
The Pemberton Valley Utilities and Services Committee is a committee of the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District Board, convened to discuss shared services between SLRD Electoral Area C and the Village of Pemberton. Committee recommendations are forwarded to the Board for endorsement, with the exception of purchasing authority for the Pemberton & District Community Centre, which has been delegated by the Board under Bylaw 1002.
Currently, SLRD Area C and the Village of Pemberton participate in the following shared services:
- Pemberton & District Community Centre
- Pemberton & District Museum & Archives
- Pemberton Cemetery
- Pemberton Library
- Pemberton and District Initiative Fund
- Pemberton Rescue Service
- Pemberton Search & Rescue
- Pemberton Television Rebroadcasting
- Pemberton Valley Parks & Trails
- Pemberton Transfer Station
- Village of Pemberton Mayor, Mike Richman (Chair)
- Village of Pemberton Councillor, Ryan Zant (Vice-Chair)
- Electoral Area C Director, Russell Mack
- Electoral Area C Alternate Director, Jan Kennett
- Squamish-Lillooet Regional District CAO, Melany Helmer (non-voting)
- Village of Pemberton CAO, Nikki Gilmore (non-voting)
Solid Waste Management Plan Advisory Committees – North & South
Two Regional Plan Advisory Committees have been formed, one for the north (Gold Bridge to Lillooet) and one for the south (Furry Creek to Pemberton). Both the North & South Plan Advisory Committees have public, local government and technical representatives; members will work together to provide input into the new Solid Waste & Resource Management Plan.
More information on the Solid Waste Management plan and the work of the advisory committees can be found here.