The Bralorne Community Church was built in 1936 by Bralorne Mines. Originally called the Boultbee Memorial Church, the non-denominational church held many services and weddings over the years until it closed in 1967. A detailed account of the history of the church can be found here.
In 1999/2000 the Bralorne-Bridge River Community Church Society restored the church. The restoration was funded through local businesses, private donors, BC Heritage Trust, the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District, and the Canada Millennium Partnership Program.
The Bralorne-Bridge River Community Church Society dissolved in 2013. It recently came to light that as part of a subdivision plan submitted by the Whiting family, this property was committeed as a community park. As a result, the SLRD was granted possession and control of the land and is responsible for the care of the property.
The SLRD, through Area A Select Funds retained a heritage consultant, Susan Medville, to inventory and conserve the historic documents and photographs found in the church, along with other historic items such as furniture, instruments and fixtures. View the final report.
A management plan for the church is also being developed.
Recently, the SLRD signed a one year management agreement with the Bridge River Valley Community Association to ensure there is a local caretaker organization to watch over the facility until the long term management plan has been developed.
For more information, contact the Bridge River Valley Community Association.