The Squamish-Lillooet Regional District's mission is to enhance the quality of life of constituents through the facilitation of regional and community services for the benefit of present and future generations. To do this effectively, we need your participation.
Some of the ways that people can take an active role include:
- subscribing to our SLRD Update newsletter;
- registering for Get Involved SLRD to stay current on engagement opportunities;
- informing themselves about the candidates and voting in local government elections;
- standing for election;
- making themselves available to be nominated to join a relevant committees or boards;
- staying informed about the issues relevant to their local community and region (by reviewing agenda packages, attending public meetings and keeping up with SLRD news);
- attending SLRD Board meetings;
- sharing feedback and opinions (at public meetings, through correspondence or social media, by responding to surveys, or by contacting an elected official directly);
- volunteering your time in service to the community; and
- making a donation or gift in support of the community.