We're pleased to share the February 2016 Squamish-Lillooet Regional District Update, featuring highlights from the SLRD Board and Committee meetings of February 2016.
- The SLRD has been granted $1,999,530 from Canada’s Gas Tax – Strategic Priorities Fund, to replace Bralorne’s 90 year old sanitary sewer system!
- A Community to Community (C2C) Forum was held on January 21 -22, 2016 with the Chiefs and several councillors from the six northern St'àt'imc communities, several directors of the SLRD, the District of Lillooet Mayor and Council and several staff members attending. The Forum was held to share learning and explore ways to strengthen relationships, improve communication and find ways to work more collaboratively.
- The EAD Committee meeting in March has been rescheduled from Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 10:30 AM to Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 10:30 AM.h has been
- The PVUS Committee meeting in March has been rescheduled from Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 1:00 PM to Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 2:00 PM.
- The SLRD Solid Waste and Resource Management Plan (SWRMP) was approved.
- A review of the SLRD Regional Growth Strategy Bylaw No. 1062, 2008 will be undertaken.
- Electoral Area D Zoning Bylaw No. 1350-2016, a single zoning bylaw to cover all areas of Electoral Area D, was given 1st reading.
- Tyax Real Estate - Tyax Lodge - OCP Amendment Bylaw No. 1440-2016 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1441-2016 for Staff Accommodation was given 1st reading.
- There will be a public hearing regarding the Vega Enterprises Development Britannia Beach Rezoning Application - Bylaw No. 1443-2015 at 7:00 PM on March 29, 2016 at the Britannia Beach Community Centre.
- Furry Creek Water Rates and Regulations Bylaw No. 1431-2016 was adopted.
- Electoral Area C Noise Regulation Bylaw No. 1438-2015 was adopted.
- Policy No. 9.4 Pemberton and District Recreation Service Facilities Code of Conduct was adopted as a means of establishing guidelines for the Pemberton and District Recreation Service to promote the safe, healthy and respectable use of the Pemberton and District Recreation Service facilities.
- Area C Amenity Funds of $131,439 were granted to the Pemberton & District Community Recreation Service for 2016 projects as follows:
- $109,439 to the Pemberton & District Community Centre;
- $22,000 to the Pemberton Meadows Field
- Up to $15,000 from Area C Amenity Funds was granted to purchase and install a vault toilet, and up to $1,500 was granted to purchase and install signage, at the Gates Lake Community Park.
- The following amounts was granted from Area A Select Funds:
- $1,000 to the District of Lillooet to contribute to its Golden Mile of History Kiosks and Gateway Revitalization Projects.
- The following amounts were granted from Area B Select Funds:
- $5,000 to the District of Lillooet to contribute to its Golden Mile of History Kiosks and Gateway Revitalization Projects.
- $2,500 to the Miyazaki House Society to help finance the summer music programming.
- $1,200 to the Walking with the Smolts Committee to be used towards coordination of event, materials, plants, mileage and advertising.
- The following amounts were granted from Area C Select Funds:
- $2,500 to the Pemberton Animal Wellbeing Society (PAWS) for emergency medical needs for animals in the care of PAWS.
- $5,000 to the Ponderosa Strata Community to pay for wildfire management equipment and training to help mitigate forest fire risk at the Ponderosa community.
- The following amount was granted from Area D Select Funds:
- $2,926.35 to the Howe Sound Royal Canadian Marine - Search and Rescue Unit #4 (RCM-SAR #4) to purchase three dry suits for one of its open boats to be used in search and rescue
Communications & Grants Coordinator
Telephone: (604) 894-6371 ext. 239