News & Notices
The SLRD Planning and Development Services Department acts in the public interest to prepare plans, bylaws and policies to guide land use and development in the short and long-term.
Principle functions of the Planning and Development Services Department are:
- to establish and progress regulations, policies and strategies that provide guidance to elected officials, developers, the public and other decision makers;
- to facilitate community engagement in the land use planning process;
- to serve the public by responding to a wide range of inquiries and applications related to the use and development of land;
- to administer and enforce bylaws relating to development, land use and property maintenance;
- to support collaboration on regional planning initiatives and growth management;
- to act as a resource to the SLRD Board on planning and development matters.