Find events happening across Canada & access FREE resources.
Celebrate 50 years of environmental improvement campaigns with Pitch-In Week 2017. Join other hard-working volunteers across the nation who care about improving their communities.
Pitch-In Week provides an opportunity for communities across Canada to work together to collect litter and recyclables from around their community. Challenge your business, school, neighbourhood, family and friends to PITCH-IN and clean up our commercial areas, wildlife areas, parks and ravines, schools and neighborhoods, highway/roadside, sports fields, waterways, nature & recreational trails.
2017 saw the inagural 20-Minute Makeover Challenge amongst SLRD staff and employees from our member muncipalities.
In just 20 minutes, over 60 people filled 50 bags with rubbish and recycling, helping to keep our communities clean and safe.
Motivated to help?
Create your own event or participate in an event already planned for your community.
Register your event with Pitch-In Canada by March 24th, 2017 to get free garbage and recycling bags.
Contact the SLRD to get vouchers to waive tipping fees from Pitch-In week events by emailing Brooke Carere, Solid Waste Management Plan Communications Coordinator at email@example.com or by calling 604 894-6371 ext 226.
- Safety First - Keep safety centre stage when planning your event. Click on the image below to learn more.
Join an Event
Check back here over the coming weeks or follow us on Facebook, to learn about Pitch-In week Events near you.
- Electoral Area A: The Bridge River Community Association will be hosting a Civic Fair on Saturady April 29th from 11am - 2pm at the Gold Bridge Community Club. Visit the Bridge River Valley Community Association Facebook page to learn how you can PITCH-IN in the Bridge River Valley.
- District of Lillooet / Electoral Area B: The Lillooet Peace and Ecology Group presents the 31th annual walk for Peace, the Earth, and Social Justice. Details to follow. Contact Nancy for info (250)256-7971.
- District of Squamish: Visit the District of Squamish website to find out what the District Operations Team has planned to celebrate PITCH-IN WEEK.
- Resort Municipality of Whistler: Pitch-In Week details to come with events pending melting snow.
- SLRD: Staff will participate in the 20 minute make-over challenge to clean up litter around the SLRD office and trails on Wednesday April, 26 at noon. Additionally, the SLRD has challenged member municipality staff (Lillooet, Pemberton, Whistler & Squamish) to the 20 minute makeover challenge. The winning local government gets bragging rights and social media recognition.
- Share your Pitch-In Week stories and successes at ZERO in on WASTE SLRD Facebook page.
For more info, contact Brooke Carere at firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-894-6371 x226