From August 23 until September 6, the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) will waive the tipping fee to dispose of old scrap cars at the Gold Bridge Waste Transfer Station (GBWTS). The SLRD is looking to provide an incentive to residents to remove old, inoperable vehicles from their properties and surrounding communities, including frames, motors and car chassis. This initiative is part of the larger directive of the SLRD to remove the stockpile of scrap metal at the GBWTS in the most cost effective way for residents and tax payers.
Residents can take advantage of this limited time offer subject to the following conditions:
- This offer is for passenger vehicles only (i.e. no RV’s, travel trailers or campers etc.).
- Vehicles must be free of all fluids (i.e. gas/diesel, engine/transmission oil, coolants and antifreeze).
- Regular tipping fees for tires, rims and batteries still apply.
- Due to limited space at the transfer station, residents with more than one vehicle should contact Facility Operator Kara Sockett, at the GBWTS during regular operating hours (Sunday, Monday, Thursday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.) to seek the appropriate disposal options.
- Proof of vehicle ownership is required, including vehicle registration documents, photo ID of the registered owner, and a signed vehicle transfer form by the registered owner (so as to allow the vehicle to be scrapped). The SLRD will have vehicle transfer forms available at the GBWTS.
For more information on this initiative, please contact Jeff Giffin, SLRD Director of Engineering Services at 604-894-6371 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Gold Bridge Waste Transfer Station information page to learn more about area recycling programs, including where to bring vehicle fluids for proper disposal.
Communications Coordinator - Solid Waste
Telephone: (604) 894-6371 ext. 229