The Evacuation Order issued by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District on August 31st, 2023, for all of Area A due to the Downton Lake Wildfire K71649, has been partially downgraded and replaced by an Evacuation Alert for the following areas:
- All SLRD properties on the east side of Gun Lake between Keir Road and Weaver Road
- All SLRD properties in the Gold Bridge Area
- All SLRD Properties on the North side of Lajoie Lake (aka Little Gun Lake)
- All SLRD Properties in Tyaughton Lake Area.
- All SLRD Properties in the Bralorne area
- Any other SLRD properties located within the boundary noted on the attached map.
All properties listed above are on Evacuation Alert. An Evacuation Order may need to be reissued; however, if that is deemed necessary, the Evacuation Order process will recommence.
Update: Effective September 11th, 2023 - The Squamish-Lillooet Regional District has rescinded the Evacuation Alert applying to the following area:
- All SLRD Properties in Marshall Lake Area.
- All SLRD Properties north of Carpenter Lake that are east of Tyaughton Creek.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR RETURNING EVACUEES:
- All other SLRD properties on the west side of Gun Lake, the South side of Lajoie Lake (aka Little Gun Lake) and Gun Creek Road remain on Evacuation Order. Please see the Evacuation Order updated September 11th, 2023 at 1600 for more details.
- No personal watercraft are permitted on Gun Lake due to ongoing BC Wildfire Service emergency response.
- Access to the area is via Lillooet-Pioneer Road 40, the Hurley River FSR and Marshall Lake Road. All roads within evacuation order areas remain closed.
- The Squamish-Lillooet Regional District has prepared a guide to help you navigate information, tasks and resources that you will find essential as you return home after a wildfire: Returning home after a wildfire.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Visit www.DriveBC.ca and confirm that your intended route home is not obstructed by road closures.
- Safely return home and coordinate the safe return of your animals or livestock, if necessary.
- If you have received emergency accommodations through Emergency Support Services, these provisions will cease when the Evacuation Order is rescinded.
- Contact ESS Services to confirm when your emergency accommodations will cease to be available: 250-256-8524 (ESS Director)
- The Gold Bridge Transfer Station will be open with extended hours so residents can dispose of waste.
- Visit the SLRD Recycling and Waste Centre’s page for more information and updates:
- Please be Bear Aware when managing your waste disposal at this time. A reminder, there is a fire ban in place.
- Adhere to the Evacuation Orders in surrounding areas; including road signs and emergency responders’ requests.
Further information will be posted in notices at www.slrd.bc.ca and through the SLRD Alert Messaging service. Subscribe to SLRD Alert for free at www.slrd.bc.ca/slrdalert receive emergency notifications via email, text messages, and voicemail.