Based on consultation with the BC Wildfire Service, the SLRD has assessed that potential danger to life and health due to the Spetch Creek Wildfire (V33029) wildfire has subsided to the degree that the current Evacuation Alert is no longer required in some areas.
Effective September 26, 2023, at 1200, the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District has rescinded the Evacuation Alert applying to the following area:
- All SLRD properties between 8502 and 8972 Pemberton Portage Rd
- SLRD property at 190 Birkenhead River Rd
- All SLRD properties along Old Portage Rd
- All SLRD properties along Poole Creek Rd
- All SLRD properties as outlined in the attached map.
Should conditions change, an Evacuation Alert and/or Evacuation Order will be reinstated as necessary.
Subscribe to SLRD Alert for free at www.slrd.bc.ca/slrdalert to receive emergency notifications via email, text messages, and voicemail. Further information is posted in public notices at www.slrd.bc.ca.