This Evacuation Order supersedes the original Order issued on August 15th, 2023.
Pursuant to Section 12 (1) of the BC Emergency Program Act an Evacuation Order is currently in place by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District due to immediate danger to life safety caused by the Casper Creek wildfire burning out of control in the Mission Mountain area.
The Casper Creek Evacuation Order remains in effect for SLRD properties in the following areas of
Electoral Area B:
- All SLRD properties in the Mission Mountain Road area.
- Any other SLRD properties located within the boundary noted on the attached map.
NOTE: SLRD Properties on the north shore of Seton Lake are now on Evacuation Alert. Please see the
updated Alert document issued September 8th, 2023 for more details.
IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- If this is not your primary residence, you should return to your primary residence, if you are able to do so.
- Accommodation in the area is limited. Make arrangements to stay with family and friends, if possible.
- If emergency accommodations are required, register at:
Lillooet District Rec Centre - 930 Main Street – Room 101, Lillooet BC V0K 1V0
Open: 10am to 3pm on Monday to Friday, 10am to 2pm on Saturday, closed on Sunday
Outside of these hours call: 250-256-8524
Canadian Red Cross 24/7 Disaster Assistance Line: 1 888 800 6493
- If you need transportation assistance from the area, contact the SLRD on-call Duty Manager at 604-356-3082
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close all windows and doors. Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbour or someone needing transportation. Do
not use more vehicles than you have to.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take
pets in pet kennels or on a leash.
Further information will be posted in notices at www.slrd.bc.ca and through the SLRD Alert Messaging service. Subscribe to www.SLRD.bc.ca/SLRDAlert to receive emergency notifications via email, text messages, and voicemail.