EXPANDED EVACUATION ALERT FOR CASPER CREEK WILDFIRE
K71535- ELECTORAL AREA B
July 22, 2023 0730 hrs
Based on recommendations from BC Wildfire Service, the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District and Tsal’alh Chief and Council have issued an Expanded Evacuation Alert.
Because of the potential danger to life and health, the Expanded Evacuation Alert area now
includes the area between Mission Mountain Road (the end of the SLRD Evacuation Order)
and Madeline Creek, as outlined on the attached map.
The Casper Creek Fire (K71535), is burning out of control above Highline Road, between Six Mile
Creek and Sundquist Creek. The BC Wildfire Service is actively responding.
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property
should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to
evacuation; however, you may receive limited notice due to rapidly changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside of the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g., insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation and accommodations for all your household members, if possible.
- Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles. If transportation assistance is needed, call the SLRD EOC at (604) 698-9812.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating.