EXPANDED EVACUATION ORDER FOR CASPER CREEK WILDFIRE K71535- ELECTORAL AREA B 07/22/2023 at 0730 hrs
Pursuant to Section 12 (1) of the BC Emergency Program Act an Evacuation Order has been issued by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District due to immediate danger to life safety caused by the Casper Creek fire burning out of control in the Casper Creek Area.
Members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and other applicable agencies will be expediting this action.
The Casper Creek Evacuation Order area has been expanded to now include all of the SLRD Electoral Area B Properties between Highline Road (the end of the current Evacuation Order) and Mission Mountain Road, as outlined on the attached map.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY!
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Evacuees are asked to register at: Lillooet District Rec Centre 930 Main Street Phone: 250-256-8524 (ESS Director)
• Accommodation in the area is limited. Make arrangements to stay with family and friends, if possible. If you need emergency accommodation go to the Lillooet District Rec Centre ESS registration.
• If you need transportation assistance from the area, contact the SLRD on-call Duty Manager at 604-698-9812
• If you have animal care needs please notify the ESS registration desk at the Lillooet District Rec Centre.
• Shut off all gas and electrical appliances other than refrigerators and freezers.
• Close all windows and doors.
• Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
• Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbour or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
• Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
Further information will be posted in notices at www.slrd.bc.ca and through the SLRD Alert Messaging service.