The Squamish –Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) is seeking expressions of interest from intermediate to experienced filmmakers to showcase the waste management facilities managed by the SLRD.
See the posting here for full details.
The SLRD manages the Gold Bridge Transfer Station, the Lillooet Landfill and Recycling Centre, the Devine Transfer Station and the Pemberton Transfer Station. The goal of this project is to create engaging, shareable informational videos on accepted materials at each of the facilities managed by the SLRD as well as where materials end up.
The filmmaker(s) will work with the SLRD Solid Waste Management Communications Coordinator to produce (film, edit and execute) videos covering all aspects of waste management at the facilities managed by the SLRD, listed above. The videos will be used to inform residents and seasonal visitors about how waste is managed throughout the SLRD with an emphasis on waste minimization and environmental stewardship.
Applicants should submit a package to BCarere@slrd.bc.ca by midnight (PST) Monday, June 5, 2017 including the following:
- Examples of previous work
- A creative vision for the videos
- A brief background of your knowledge of waste management and/or your desire to explore this initiative
- Your resume
- A proposed budget. Please include travel expenses within your budget.
- Experience with filmmaking (Professional experience preferred, but not necessarily required)
- Access to and knowledge of all necessary equipment
- Filmmaker/producer will ensure that all copyrights and required clearances have been secured
- Flexible schedule
Please submit any further questions and proposals to:
Brooke Carere, Communications Coordinator, Solid Waste Management Plan