If you live in Electoral Area C of the SLRD you can now apply for a Temporary Use Permit for the purposes of providing short-term rentals in your home.
Here is a list of things to consider prior to applying for this use:
- Only dwellings that have had a final building inspection will be considered for this use;
- Maximum occupancy that may be permitted is 2 people per bedroom;
- Information on noise rules, garbage management, fire safety, and owner’s contact information will need to be posted in a publicly visible place on the property;
- Screening and fencing may be required depending on the assessed visibility on the property;
- Applicants will be required to sign the Good Neighbour Agreement.