A meeting schedule for Regional Board meetings, Electoral Area Directors Meetings, and PVUS meetings is produced at the beginning of each year. An up-to-date calendar of meetings, including special meetings, is included on the SLRD’s meeting calendar. The proceedings of all SLRD Board and Committee meetings are governed by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District Procedure Bylaw (No. 1260-2012).
Meetings are open to the public, but if there are agenda items of a sensitive or confidential nature, the public will be excluded for these “in-camera” meeting segments.
- The regional Board of Directors generally meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month.
- The Electoral Area Directors and the Pemberton Valley Utilities & Services (PVUS) committee generally meet on the second Wednesday of each month.
- Other meetings do not follow a regular schedule.
Speaking at a Board or Committee meeting
At the SLRD, we welcome community involvement and feedback, so if you would like to speak at a Board or Committee meeting, you can request to appear as a delegation at the meeting. In order to appear as a delegation, you must complete the following steps:
- Complete the Request to Appear as a Delegation form.
- Submit the form to the Legislative and Corporate Services Department at least 6 business days (preferably 2 weeks) prior to the meeting, either by e-mail, in person or through regular mail. Please note that only approved delegations can appear at any particular meeting, so please submit your request as soon as possible.
Late delegation requests may be permitted if the request is approved by at least two thirds (2/3) of the votes cast by the Board.