Updates from the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District Board and Committee Meetings of January 2017
Note from Chair Crompton: Congratulations to the Pemberton Mudslide Team on being awarded the
Premier's Award for Organizational Excellence. It really is a privilege to work with people and organizations
that work well together. You all earned this award. There is lots going on at the SLRD and the update spells it
out. If you have questions, I can always be reached on 1-604- 902-8747. The rest of our Directors are extremely
accessible in your communities.
2017 SLRD Board and Committee Appointments
Here is the complete list of the 2017 SLRD Board and Committee Chairs/Vice-Chairs:
New Pinecrest Estates Water & Sewer Systems Bylaws
New rates and regulations bylaws provide clarity to Pinecrest Estates property owners with existing services and connections and to those property owners wishing to connect to the water and sewer systems.
Lillooet Landfill Fees and Charges Regulation Bylaw Amendment
The Lillooet and Area B landfill bylaw was updated, to enable the sale of compost and wood chips, increase some tipping fees, create a new category of waste that could otherwise be composted and put in place new acceptance standards for untested and pre-1990 and non-date stamped drywall.
Recreation Commission Fund Policy
The Recreation Commission Fund Policy was updated to clarify that only non-profit organizations may apply and to provide for increased representation, leveraging of funds, multi-year funding parameters, and reporting
D’Arcy/Anderson Lake Docks & Boat Launch Project
The contract for the Anderson Lake Docks and Boat Launch project in D’Arcy was awarded to Munster Construction and Management Limited.
Pinecrest Estates Wastewater Treatment Plant
The contract to design the new wastewater treatment plant at Pinecrest Estates was awarded to TRUE Consulting Ltd.
Riverside Wetlands/Ském’em Community Park
The Riverside Wetlands Community Park is now named Riverside Wetlands/Ském’em Community Park.
2016 Premier's Awards (Lower Mainland)
The Pemberton Mud Slide Team (consisting of the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, Mainroad Howe Sound Contracting and the SLRD) won the Premier’s Award in the Organizational Excellence category for the Lower Mainland Region.
Support for 'A Day For Our Common Future'
A letter will be sent to the Prime Minister in support of December 11, 2017 being declared 'A Day For Our Common Future' to honour the 30th anniversary of the World Commission on Environment and Development’s “Our Common Future”.
A letter of support was sent to Simon Fraser University regarding its application to Parks Canada to have the prehistoric archaeological site of Keatley Creek added to Canada's Tentative List for World Heritage Sites.
Pemberton & District Museum & Archives Society
A letter of support was provided to the Pemberton & District Museum & Archives Society endorsing its application for funding from the Rick Hansen Foundation Access4All Barrier Buster initiative to build a paved pathway improving access at the museum.
Area A Communications Site near Tyaughton Lake
The SLRD has applied for a Licence of Occupation from the Province of British Columbia for a term of
30 years for communication site purposes in Electoral Area A.
Pemberton Transit will be funded from Area C Amenity Funds in the amount of $20,260.
Seton/Anderson Lake Dock & Park Project
$300,000 to $500,000 was allocated from Area B Gas Tax Community Works Funds towards the Anderson Lake dock and park project in Seton.
The following was granted from Area A Select Funds:
- $2,500 to the Bridge River Valley Community Association for legal services with respect to a partnership agreement to establish trails in theUpper Bridge River Valley.
The following was granted from Area B Select Funds:
- $500 to the Lillooet Agriculture and Food Society towards the costs of the Local Sustainable Farming Film Series Partnership Project.
The following were granted from Area C Select Funds:
- $1,000 to the Pemberton Animal Wellbeing Society for emergency medical assistance for animals in need.
- $4,000 to the Pemberton & District Chamber of Commerce towards operation costs of the Pemberton Visitor Centre for 2017.
- $4,000 to Tourism Pemberton for a part time coordinator to organize and promote Slow Food Cycle and work on joint promotions for the Sea to Sky Region with Tourism Squamish and Tourism Whistler.
- $2,000 for supply and installation of "No Dumping" signage at access roads to Green River Forest Service Road, 8-Mile Subdivision, Haylemore Forest Service Road (Devine) and Birkenhead Lake Estates.
The following were granted from Area D Select Funds:
- $6,000 to Pinecrest Lake Stewardship Society towards the cost of the Long Term Lake Management Plan for Pinecrest Lake.
- $500 to the Furry Creek Community Association towards upgrading the sign at the entrance of the Furry Creek community.
Regional District Update is published monthly by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District. The SLRD Board generally meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 10:30 am at 1350 Aster Street, Pemberton, BC. Members of the public are invited to attend. Contact us at (604) 894-6371 to confirm dates and times.
Communications & Grants Coordinator
Telephone: (604) 894-6371 ext. 239