Please be advised that we are experiencing a high volume of applications. The current wait time to process a building permit application is now a minimum of 12 weeks for initial review. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional documents may be required after the plan review.
An original, sealed, site survey created by a registered professional must be submitted with your application for all new dwellings, accessory buildings and additions. The survey should show the proposed structure, property boundaries, grades, elevations and easements. Without this, your application may be delayed.
All applications, form 1, engineer schedules, form 2 and engineered field reviews must be in original form. Photocopies will not be accepted. When using more than one engineer, your Certified Registered Professional (CRP) must submit a Schedule A and initial all other engineer's original Schedule B's and C-B's at the bottom right-hand corner.
Building Permit Applications will only be accepted when the property owner wishing to start construction is the registered owner on title of the property.
For all commercial construction and cannabis production facilities, please contact BC Hydro for power availability prior to submitting a building permit application.
Effective January 2018 Update to Letters of Assurance - Information Bulletin click here
Effective August 2017 - Building Permit Applications will not be accepted prior to subdivision plans and documentation registered with Land Titles. SLRD Planning and Building Staff require zoning and building plan checks to be completed prior to issuing the building permit. Delays in this process are experienced when documentation cannot be verified due to the fact that the subdivision plans, and other required documents, are not registered with Land Titles.
2016 Effective R-Value of Installed Insulation for All Buildings of Residential Occupancy chart has been created to assist builders/contractors to ensure they meet the new energy efficiency requirements of section 9.36 BCBC.
Effective December 19th 2014, the BC Building Code will introduce new energy efficiency requirements for houses and small buildings (Part 9 Housing and Small Buildings). All areas of the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District fall within Climate Zones 5 to 7A.
- Building Permit Application - Accessory Buildings
- Building Permit Application - All other construction (for Plumbing Only - indicate this in the "Description of Proposed Work")
- Building Permit Application - Mobile / Manufactured Homes
- Building Permit Application - Single Family Dwelling
- Change of Use Permit Application - B & B Use
- Change of Use Permit Application - Tourist Accommodation
- Demolition Permit Application
- Pool Fencing Permit Application
- Reactivation or Transfer Permit Application
- Renewal Permit Application
- Retaining Wall Permit Application
- Solid Fuel Burning Appliance Application
- Civic Address Request Form
- Property Information Request Form
- Form 1 - Acknowledgements of Owner
- Form 2 - Registered Professional's Proof of Insurance
- Mechanical Ventilation Checklist
- 2016 Effective R-Value of Installed Insulation for All Buildings of Residential Occupancy - 9.36 BCBC
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Test Report
- Plumbing Fixture Unit Count form
- 2012 BC Building Code Analysis Summary
- Agency Contact List
- Bed and Breakfasts in the SLRD
- Civic Addressing
- Climatic and Seismic Data - REVISED FEBRUARY 2014
- Dike Maintenance Act
- Floodplain Management Policy 6.10
- Guide to Building Permits - Why and when do I need a building permit?
- Guide to Pool Fencing in the SLRD
- Guidelines for Hazard Assessment
- Manufactured Homes
- Minimum Depth of Footings Below Grade for Frost Protection
- Outhouse Location and Construction Information
- Solar Hot Water Ready Guide Information
- Solar Hot Water Ready - Regulation
- Terrain Stability Reports & Mapping
- Wastewater Information Area A & B
- Wastewater Information Area C & D
Issued Building Permit Information
- Building Bylaw 863
- Sprinkler Bylaw 879 (Furry Creek/Pemberton North fire limit area)
- Bylaw 1032 - Howe Sound East Fire Proection Service Establishment Bylaw
- Amendment Bylaw 1145 - Howe Sound East Fire Protection Service Establishment Bylaw
- Bylaw 1110 - Fire Protection Services Throughout the SLRD