The SLRD is building an expanded playground at Britannia Beach. Construction on the new Britannia Beach Play Park is set to begin the week of September 28, 2022. The project is expected to be completed by the end of October.
The play park design incorporates resident feedback, and includes an expanded play area with improved accessibility, encouraging creative play and exploration, with a mix of traditional and natural elements.
Key elements included in the new design are:
- Three-bay swing structure with an accessible swing option
- Climbing and sliding structures designed to appeal to a variety of ages
- Log pile and boulder features to encourage open-ended play and exploration
- Spring-rider fire truck with the Britannia Beach Fire Rescue logo
- CSA-approved engineered wood fibre safety surfacing
The budget for this project is $207,607, funded from the Electoral Area D Canada Community-Building Fund (CCBF), formerly known as the Community Works Fund or Federal Gas Tax Fund.
The SLRD is investigating funding opportunities for the future enhancement of landscaping on the site.
Play Park Renderings updated September 2022